Saturday 13 August 2011

my RE-NEW found Hobby : BAKING

hi all.....

i love baking.... but for some time ... it seems i have 'relocate' my hobby to focusing my time on my son....
but....  since last month was his 2nd birthday.... i thought that i should bake his birthday cake ... homemade....

let me tell you... it was like learning the basics back again....
seems like my techniques were rusty.....
and .. my first cake after about 2 year of 'leaving' the baking arena... was a bit let down....

perrrgh... the cake was a bit hard... burnt... and it crack on top....
heart-breaking eyh.....
but i was determined to bake my son a cake for his birthday...
and i had a whole week of 're-learning' my techniques.... before the big day..
hubby and my sis had become my 'hamsters'.... hahhaha...
for the cake of course.... !..
i had them taste my cake after cake.. batch after batch ...

the internet is truly a valueble asset nowadays...
for the whole week i had browse through the net for all types of cake recipes....
believe me...
all i had gone through nearly all types of cake...
even the 'kek lapis' @ layered cake.... a traditional in Malaysia...
quite nice.... but i did not bake this one....

my focus was on chocolate moist cake... since my family loves this type of cake...

i had tried my old recipe that i used to bake ... but i guess after quite some time of 'not baking'... you'll lose the 'touch'...
so .... i found one recipe from a malaysian website...  Dapurku Sayang.... you can fine the link in the next post together with the recepi...
Thanks Sis.............. but i modify and experimented a bit with the recipe to my liking...

Want to know the recipe ??

hehe..... next post..... 

RECIPE : SUPER MOIST EGGLESS BUTTERLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE.....

tada... the verdict....
a truly moist choc cake.....
my son's birthday cake....

Dino Chocolate Cake....

the birthday boy






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...